Welcome to the YSU Mathematics and Mechanics Department’s “Applied Statistics and Data Science” Graduate Program webpage
The page is in the update process, so please visit us to again for the news.
The program will be lunched in September 2018 for the first time. This is a joint program with the IBM Innovative Solutions and Technologies Center, and some part of the classes will take place at ISTC. Also, students of the program will have an access to ISTC computing facilities and servers.
The main features of the program are:
- Up-to-date and comprehensive curriculum
- Synergy of theory and practice
- Providing mix of skills in Math, Stat, Programming and Data Analysis
- Young and devoted lecturing staff
- Two-year program, including one-semester internship in industry
- Regular meetings with industry partners and potential employers
- Possibility to have some lectures in English
- Team and individual projects during the courses
- Re-qualification for programmers, mathematicians, physicists, economists, …
You can download the program announcement poster here.