Applied Statistics and Data Science
The program was launched in September 2018 for the first time. In 2021, we will have our fourth call. This is a joint program with the Innovative Solutions and Technologies Center Foundation, and some part of the classes will take place at ISTC. Also, students of the program will have an access to ISTC computing facilities and servers.
In 2019, thanks to the sponsorship of our partners Webb Fontaine and Krisp, we have opened a Lab at YSU, equipped with high-performance computers. In 2021, with the support of Krisp, another 15 computers were added to the Lab.
The main features of the program are:
- Up-to-date and comprehensive curriculum
- Synergy of theory and practice
- Providing mix of skills in Math, Stat, Programming and Data Analysis
- Young and devoted lecturing staff
- Two-year program, including one-semester internship in industry
- Regular meetings with industry partners and potential employers
- Possibility to have lectures in English
- Access to Program’s Computer Lab, with GPU – equipped computers
- Team and individual projects during the courses
- Re-qualification possibility for software engineers, mathematicians, physicists, economists, …
You can download the program announcement poster back from 2018 here.